So many of you are in confusion that should I upgrade my MacBook Air or MacBook Pro or I Mac to latest Monterey OS by Apple.
MacOS Catalina will be the next major version of the Mac operating system. Versioned as MacOS 12, Monterey includes a variety of new features, improvements to bundled apps like Safari, Photos, Reminders, and Notes, the splitting of iTunes into several new apps, and some intriguing new features and capabilities that bundle well with iOS 14 on iPad (now called iPadOS).
Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Install macOS Monterey 12
- Don’t Install if You Aren’t Prepared
- Don’t Install if You Are Worried About macOS Monterey Problems
- Don’t Install if You Use a Really old Mac
- Don’t Install if You’re Traveling
- If you are a Developer and having lots of dependencies installed in your system.
Here’s Why You Should Update to macOS Monterey 12
- Install for Dark Mode & Upgrades
- Increased Security
- Find My Mac
- Safari is getting a bit of a redesign
- Install for MacBook Pro Audio and Other Fixes
- Install for Apple News+
- Install for Easy Logins in Safari
- Install for Group FaceTime
- Install for New Emoji
- Install for New Shortcuts
- Install for Desktop Upgrades
- Install for Security Fixes
- Install for Continuity Camera & New ScreenShots
- Install for Privacy Upgrades
- Install for Emoji in Mail and Siri Upgrades
- New iTunes app split into multiple apps.
And the list goes on.
You can downgrade to macOS Mojave from macOS Catalina if you don’t like it. There is no time limit like on iOS 13, but it is a process and takes some time so do your research before you upgrade.
Find out if your Mac can run macOS Monterey Here
There are many good reasons to install macOS Monterey on your Mac today or to install the macOS Monterey 12 update. Before you start, you need to consider these reasons you shouldn’t upgrade yet. If you are already on macOS 12, it’s a good idea to install the supplemental update.