So many of you are in confusion that should I upgrade my MacBook Air or MacBook Pro or I Mac to latest Catlina OS by Apple.
MacOS Catalina will be the next major version of the Mac operating system. Versioned as MacOS 10.15, Catalina includes a variety of new features, improvements to bundled apps like Safari, Photos, Reminders, and Notes, the splitting of iTunes into several new apps, and some intriguing new features and capabilities that bundle well with iOS 13 on iPad (now called iPadOS).
Apple continues to roll out small updates to macOS Catalina months after the initial release. These small updates include important fixes and small new features. In most cases, the small updates are worth installing soon after release, but you may still want to wait a few days, just to make sure everything is working fine with the upgrade. This guide can help you decide if it is worth installing right now.
Here’s Why You Shouldn’t Install macOS Catalina 10.15
- Don’t Install if You Aren’t Prepared
- Don’t Install if You Are Worried About macOS Mojave Problems
- Don’t Install if You Use a Really old Mac
- Don’t Install if You’re Traveling
- If you are a Developer and having lots of dependencies installed in your system.
- Dashboard support is removed from Catalina os.
Here’s Why You Should Update to macOS Catalina 10.15
- Install for Dark Mode & Upgrades
- Screen Time on Mac.
- Increased Security
- Find My Mac
- Voice Control
- Install for MacBook Pro Audio and Other Fixes
- Install for Apple News+
- Install for Easy Logins in Safari
- Install for Group FaceTime
- Install for New Emoji
- Install for New Mac Apps
- Install for Desktop Upgrades
- Install for Security Fixes
- Install for Continuity Camera & New ScreenShots
- Install for Privacy Upgrades
- Install for Emoji in Mail and Siri Upgrades
- Install if You Have macOS High Sierra Problems
- New iTunes app split into multiple apps.
And the list goes on.
You can downgrade to macOS Mojave from macOS Catalina if you don’t like it. There is no time limit like on iOS 13, but it is a process and takes some time so do your research before you upgrade.
Find out if your Mac can run macOS Catalina Here
There are many good reasons to install macOS Catalina on your Mac today or to install the macOS Catalina 10.15 update. Before you start, you need to consider these reasons you shouldn’t upgrade yet. If you are already on macOS 10.15, it’s a good idea to install the supplemental update.