How to update macos Catalina 10.15 to Big Sur macos 11.0. after downloading Big Sur macos 11.0 profile when I got and check in updates tab I got an update of macos 10.16, not Macos 11.0 so how to skip this version and directly install Big Sur 11.0 beta withhout install Macos catalina 10.16.Follow below to know how to update Catalana 10.15 beta to Big Sur 11.0 directly skipping all version.
Can your Mac run macOS 11 Big Sur?
Before you begin to download the macOS 11 Big Sur Developer Preview, you should make sure your Mac can run the software.
These are the Macs that you can install macOS 11 Big Sur on:
- 12-inch MacBook (2015 and later)
- MacBook Air (2013 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Late 2013 and later)
- Mac mini (2014 and later)
- iMac (2014 and later)
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro (2013 and later)
Make sure You mac is listed above supported macbook and air for Big Sur 11 OS.
How to update macos Catalina 10.15 to Big Sur macos 11.0
- Download Macos 11 beta profile from betaprofiles.com
- Click it, and the file will download. Now, open up the Downloads folder in Finder and select ‘macOS Big Sur Developer Beta Access Utility’. Next, double-click the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg file to begin installing.
- During this process, System Preferences will open and check for macOS updates. When it find the update for the developer preview, click ‘Update’. If it doesn’t find the update, restart your Mac, open the Mac App Store and click ‘Updates’.
- You will see Macos Beta 10.16 9.56GB this is actually Macos Bigsur 11 not Catalina 10.16 😂 So go ahead and download it.
- Once macOS 11 Big Sur Developer Preview has been downloaded in its entirety, a new window will open prompting you to agree to Apple’s terms and conditions. From there, follow the instructions to install the new operating system.