Are you facing heating problems in your Macbook after updating it to Monterey You come to the right place for this. We will present to you the best solution to fix this issue.! Read the full tutorial until the end. Not only MacBooks face overheating issues there are other laptops too currently facing this dilemma. For you, There are many situations in which MacBook gets overheated such as “MacBook overheating while charging,” “MacBook when closed,” “MacBook overheating after updating” or “MacBook overheating on normal usage also” when updated to macOS Monterey 12 and more.
All these different reasons have few solutions which are listed below. If you avoid this problem, there are huge possibilities, including that a part of MacBook Air could damage it or cause integrated circuit failure. So, if you’re the one with MacBook overheating issues, prefer the following troubleshooting and fix “MacOS Monterey overheating“.
What happened to me the last time? I would like to use a MacBook for design purposes. At that time, I worked with Safari, Pages, Number and iMovie. Suddenly the sound of the fan is too loud and too much heat is above the keyboard near the folding section. I check that iMovie is carrying my project and that Processor has overheated in a few minutes, I close iMovie and everything is fine. And make my MacBook regular once again, see what I do to fix MacBook overheating problem all the time.
If you face heating issue in normal usage also like only using for music or excel or just internet surfing on safari then see what you can do to fix MacBook Overheating problem all Time on MacOs Monterey 12
Fix 1: Reset SMC
This first step to do is resect SMC after updating to Monterey so that any old data should be removed from the cache.
- Follow these steps for iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and Xserve.
- Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
- After your Mac shuts down, unplug the power cord.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
- For Intel-based Xserve computers that aren’t responding, you can shut down locally or by using remote commands. You can also press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
Fix 2: PRAM/NVRAM on Monterey
This first step to do is resect PRAM/NVRAM after updating to Monterey so that any old data should be removed from the cache.
- Shut down your Mac.
- Turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R.
- You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart.
- You will need a wired keyboard to perform this reset, and the keyboard must be an Apple keyboard.
Fix 3: Run MacBook Hardware Test on Monterey
This feature is used to find out how the MacBook’s hardware is functioning. If any of the equipment is not working fine, then you will see the error.
- Detach all the peripherals and turn off the MacBook.
- Next, turn on the MacBook and press “D key” from the keyboard.
- You will see “Apple Diagnostic tool” or “Apple Hardware tool” on the screen.
- Now, your MacBook is underdiagnoses, and you will get outcomes soon on the same screen.
- There you will get some error code which will be helpful for you to fix MacBook overheating after updating to macOS Catalina.
Fix 4: Remove large apps which are consuming high resources
If your MacBook is overheating for no purpose, then it might be possible that large apps are producing load on the processors and so MacBook is overheating in macOS Monterey.
- Launch “Finder” and open “Applications” folder.
- Now, open “Utilities” folder.
- Locate and click on the “Activity Monitor” and start observing the applications.
When you force stop the applications from Activity Monitor, there are chances that after some time it will cause the same overheating issues in MacBook Pro. So it is advisable to remove the applications that are no longer needed or else re-install it.
Related Article: Should I Upgrade My mac to Catalina OS ? 10 Reasons you Should and 4 Reasons You Shouldn’t.
Fix 5: Use Energy Saver Settings
The Energy saver mode will stop the applications that are taking a lot of CPU resources without any requirement. This how the applications will not run in the background unless you open it and a lot of memory and processor will be saved. Hence MacBook overheating and freezing will be fixed.
- Click on the “Apple” menu and then open “System Preferences.”
- Next, click on the “Energy Saver.”
- Check the box near to “Automatic graphics switching.”
Fix 6: Clean the Fan
Is your MacBook is old? Haven’t you cleaned it yet? Now, it’s time to clean it. When you will open the Back of the MacBook and see the dust surrounds the parts of MacBook, you will be shocked. So it might be a reason why your MacBook is overheating for no reason after updating. The fans are running slow due to dust, and there are many more causes behind this. Clean the fans as soon as possible.so that proper air flow can be there inside your mac.
Fix 7: Remove Malware on Monterey
No one knows when you are getting attacked by any virus it’s better to install a secure antivirus so that we will be tension free from virus attack that can also affect the performance of the MacBook Virus can come while surfing or downloading some file from the internet. They damage our system by hiding in some corner. To fix this, get a reliable anti-virus for your MacBook and clean your MacBook instantly.
Fix 8: Fall Back to an older version of Mac
After doing all these fixes if your mac is still heating in MacOs Monterey then you MacBook might be not supporting MacOS Monterey os 10.15 right now. Then you should downgrade macos from Monterey to catlina.
Fix 9: Wait for an update of Monterey OS
If you are running your MacBook pro on latest Monterey OS os on any beta version then there might be the case Apple also know about the heating issue of Catalina OS so they might send an update to fix this issue for that you have to wait for an update to fix the heating issue in Catalina OS.
Fix 10: Contact Apple Support
If none of the solution works then there may be the possibility some hardware is damaged or creating the issue you should take your MacBook Pro to nearest Apple care center. Find the real reasons from apple support center nearby you.