Many users are reporting that their MacBooks fan start making noise after updating to Catalina OS on totally normal usage. It might also start heating even you are are using. If you face Fan Noise issue in normal usage also like only using for music or excel or just internet surfing on safari then see what you can do to fix MacBook Fan loud Noise problem all Time on MacOs Catalina 10.15
Fix 1: Reset SMC
This first step to do is resect SMC after updating to Catalina so that any old data should be removed from the cache.
- Follow these steps for iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro, and Xserve.
- Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.
- After your Mac shuts down, unplug the power cord.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
- For Intel-based Xserve computers that aren’t responding, you can shut down locally or by using remote commands. You can also press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
Fix 2: PRAM/NVRAM on Catalina
This first step to do is resect PRAM/NVRAM after updating to Catalina so that any old data should be removed from the cache.
- Shut down your Mac.
- Turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R.
- You can release the keys after about 20 seconds, during which your Mac might appear to restart.
- You will need a wired keyboard to perform this reset, and the keyboard must be an Apple keyboard.
Fix 3: Run MacBook Hardware Test
This feature is used to find out how the MacBook’s hardware is functioning. If any of the equipment is not working fine, then you will see the error.
- Detach all the peripherals and turn off the MacBook.
- Next, turn on the MacBook and press “D key” from the keyboard.
- You will see “Apple Diagnostic tool” or “Apple Hardware tool” on the screen.
- Now, your MacBook is underdiagnoses, and you will get outcomes soon on the same screen.
- There you will get some error code which will be helpful for you to fix MacBook overheating after updating to macOS Catalina.
Fix 4: Clean the Fan
Is your MacBook is old? Haven’t you cleaned it yet? Now, it’s time to clean it. When you will open the Back of the MacBook and see the dust surrounds the parts of MacBook, you will be shocked. So it might be a reason why your MacBook is overheating for no reason after updating. The fans are running slow due to dust, and there are many more causes behind this. Clean the fans as soon as possible.so that proper air flow can be there inside your mac.
I have a 2017 IMac
Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4.2GHz Quad-Core Intel i7
I turned off Screen time and the fan hardly speeds up at all now only when editing in Lightroom
Fixed for me Thanks